How ParcelSAF™ Works
The delivery person is notified up front to place the package in the bin by notes to the carrier that are made when placing the order on line (under special instructions), and also by way of a sign that is placed on the walkway to instruct them.
A depiction of the ParcelSAF™ Phone App is shown to the right, showing two individually operated compartments (“left” and “right”).
Function Two: “Offline Mode”
The second mode is enabled for times when you expect a package but will not be with your phone or do not have internet coverage (mobile data access) on your cell phone. For instructions, click below
- On your phone app, press the Unlock button, and open the lid.
- Use the hand wheel on the side of the bench to rotate the legs into the up position. Once in the up position lower the lid on the legs. Turn the Unlock button off.
- The bench is now ready for package delivery. As soon as the delivery driver opens the lid, the legs spring into the down position and the lid automatically locks when closed. Your package is now secure.
The “down” side is that while in this mode, someone comes along before the delivery person arrives, and opens and closes the lid, effectively locking the bench. The package, if left, would be unsecured, outside of the bench. For this reason, the “Attended Mode” is the preferred option.
Function Four: “Unattended Mode”
The fourth function is the “Unattended Mode”, and only available in the deluxe model. The bench has an integrated barcode scanner. The deliverer presents the package to the scanner then places into bench. The bench recognizes the valid barcode and automatically locks the bench. Simply click on the “Right Unattended” or “Left Unattended” Button to activate this function. For instructions, click here.
Retrieving the package
- Press the Unlock button on phone app
- Lift the lid
- Retrieve the package
- Press the Unlock button again to deactivate it.